In 2020, Biopôle-based companies raised CHF 417m. ADC Therapeutics finalised a major IPO on the New York Stock Exchange with a closing of upsized $267m and signed a credit facility worth $115m with Deerfield. Younger companies were no less successful, with two new companies – Gondola and Novostia – receiving significant grants. The StartLab-incubated companies also announced that they had raised more than CHF 6m in 2020.
Top 10 Biopôle-based companies by capital raised in 2020
- ADC Therapeutics Announces Closing of Upsized $267 Million Initial Public Offering and Receipt of the $65 Million First Tranche under Its $115 Million Convertible Credit Facility with Deerfield
- Former Procter & Gamble Vice-Chairman invests in Legacy Healthcare
- Novigenix-Led Consortium Secures Eurostars Funding to Develop Multi-Omics Test for Colon Cancer Detection and Monitoring
- Novostia Obtains EUR 2.5 Million Grant from the European Union To Support Its Heart Valve Technology
- Gondola received research grant of Euro 2.5 million from Horizon 2020 (EIC Accelerator Award) of the European Commission
StartLab incubated companies
- SEED Biosciences completes CHF 1M Series A Financing Round
- Genknowme won the VentureKick competition and has obtained a Tech Seed loan of CHF 100’000 from the Foundation for Technological Innovation (FIT).
- Volumina Medical is awarded 0.5 million euros by EIT Health
- Gnubiotics Sciences bags CHF 2.6 million
- The EPFL spin-off ND Biosciences receives CHF 100’000 to fight neurodegenerative diseases