News by biopôle
08.06.2017 BIOPÔLE ANNOUNCES STARTLAB, TAILOR-MADE INCUBATOR FOR LIFE SCIENCE ENTREPRENEURS
BIOPÔLE ANNOUNCES STARTLAB, TAILOR-MADE INCUBATOR FOR LIFE SCIENCE ENTREPRENEURS
- Plug and play incubator in brand new building ready Q1 2018
- Fully equipped laboratories and shared offices to welcome 10-12 startups
- Pay as you play model reduces risk for entrepreneurs and investors
- Applications now open for aspiring business creators
- Leading Swiss life sciences community, home to over 50 companies, 25 institutions and world-leading research groups
Lausanne, Switzerland, 8 June 2017 – Biopôle SA, a leading Swiss life sciences park, today announced the creation of StartLab, the first incubator dedicated to life sciences located in the Canton of Vaud.
StartLab will offer 700 m2 of fully equipped laboratories and 300 m2 of shared offices, as a new home for 10-12 startup companies of 35-40 persons in total. It will be part of the new 9,000 m2 building developed by Retraites Populaires, a company specialized in life and occupational pensions.
Biopôle has a clear strategy to be one of the best life sciences hubs in Europe, where industry and academia benefit from a vibrant community of exceptional talents, stimulating collaborations, added value services and an unrivalled quality of life.
More information on: https://startlab.biopole.ch