Testmate Health is a start-up that recently closed its seed round and is looking to grow the team! We are developing an at-home self-test for common sexually transmitted diseases that can be performed by anyone, at any time. Our digitally connected test places testing in the hands of consumers! We are looking for people to join our team who are ambitious, reach for the stars and most importantly share our mission in making testing easy and accessible for all!
To support our R&D team, we are looking for an Organic Chemist. This position is a full-time position based in our lab at Biopole, Lausanne. This individual is expected to play a key role in development and validation of our DNA-based colorimetric detection methods for diagnostic applications.
Your main responsibilities:
- Generate original ideas and creative solutions to solve DNA-based colorimetric detection system challenges through adaptation of existing or new building blocks
- Plan and conduct laboratory research to develop a new generation of high-performance colorimetric technology
- Presents scientific / technical information across projects within department and occasionally to external audience (contractors)
- Maintain detailed records of research activities in the electronic laboratory notebook, write SOPs, comply with a ISO 13845:2016 QMS
- Create intellectual property for the company through patent or trade secret
- Work closely with the process development team to introduce new products from lab scale into industrial manufacturing