Lead Assay Scientist
Testmate Health is a mission-driven startup looking to grow the team! We are developing an at-home self-test for common sexually transmitted diseases that can be performed by anyone, at any time. Our digitally connected test places testing in the hands of consumers! We are looking for people to join our team who are ambitious, reach for the stars and most importantly share our mission in making testing easy and accessible for all!
To support our R&D team, we are looking for a Lead Assay Scientist. This position is a full-time position based in our lab at Biopole, Lausanne.
Title: Lead Assay Scientist
- Lead and expand assay development group for the development of Testmate Health's nucleic acid amplification assay products including reagent selection & design, in vitro testing, and pre-clinical testing.
- Manage staff across assay development activities to maintain efficient workflows for research and development activities including iterating assay design through benchtop study to improve sensitivity & specificity and minimize required user handling steps.
- Manage departmental budgets, objectives and timelines.
- Collaborate with engineering leads to integrate assay into Testmate Health's proprietary diagnostic platform.
- Lead efforts to identify key molecular biomarkers for targeting clinical indications.
- Work with top-tier clinical and regulatory contractors to design clinical studies and lead clinical sample testing and benchmarking.
- Develop cost of goods analysis and initial commercial viability assessment of multi-analyte diagnostic panels.
- Remain at the cutting-edge of clinical microbiology and molecular biology by interfacing with KOLs and representing Testmate Health at international scientific conferences.
- Create a quality framework for assay development and robustness in line with ISO 13485 guidance. Participate in audits at technical SME.
- Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to other managers and other team members.
- Identify intellectual property potential and lead patent filings.
- Publish findings in scientific journals following intellectual property review to highlight the productivity and scientific acumen of Testmate Health's research programs.
- Mentor and guide team members to help them grow and excel.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Biological Sciences/Engineering plus 1-5 years industry experience working on commercial medical diagnostic assays / devices.
- Expertise in clinical microbiology, molecular biology, and molecular diagnostics preferred.
- Skilled in operation and validation of state-of-the-art molecular diagnostic technologies in addition to culture-based diagnostic methods
- Experience in clinical study design, data processing, and bioinformatics
- Demonstrated experience in laboratory-developed assay design & validation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, highly organized with demonstrated curiosity, scientific rigor and creative problem-solving
- Proactive self-starter with eagerness to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Passion for technology translation and willingness to shape Testmate Health's future