This interactive seminar will focus on learning about the use of real-world evidence (RWE) and how it is increasingly being used across the product lifecycle to maximize the asset value, de-risk development and accelerate clinical programs.
On the 23rd
November 2023, Michelle Bulliard, VP, Global Lead RWE, IQVIA, Maurice Straetmans, Director Key Account Management, MedTech, IQVIA and Olivier Humbey, Director Business Development, Real World Evidence Biotech, IQVIA will focus on the following topics:
- Defining real-world evidence and real-world data (RWD)
- How the RWE market and regulatory landscape is evolving
- How RWE can be used to maximize asset value
- Exploring the future use of RWE
At the end of this seminar you will
- Understand what is RWE and RWD
- Learn how RWE can be used across the total product lifecycle
- Learn how to start evidence planning early with the end in mind
The format of this seminar will be delivered as a live presentation with interactive Q&A and discussion. Case studies that will also be presented highlighting and bring to life real examples on how RWE can successfully be used to meet the evidentiary needs of multi stakeholders.
This seminar covers a high level overview that would be relevant to anyone involved in product lifecycle development across all life science and medtech sectors from molecule, to market, to patient.
12h10 : Welcome
12h15 : The Value of RWE
- Welcome & Introductions
- Agenda & learning objectives
The use of RWE to maximize asset value
- Defining real-world evidence (RWE) and real-world data (RWD)
- What is driving the need for RWE?
- Overview of the evolving regulatory landscape
- Case study
- Key takeaways
De-risk innovation using RWE
- How the use of RWE creates value opportunities across the product lifecycle
- Case Study
- Key takeaways
13h30 : Sandwiches & Networking
- Evidence planning
- The future use of RWE
- Key takeaways
- Michelle Bulliard, Vice President, Global Lead Real=World Evidence, IQVIA :
- Michelle has over 25 years’ experience in real-world programs using RWE across the total product lifecycle. A subject matter expert in RWE with a robust knowledge of the current and evolving clinical, regulatory, scientific, and commercial landscape, she seeks to help Biotech and MedTech clients generate evidence to further demonstrate the value of their assets by designing solutions that translate evolving real-world research methods into strategies that will meet the needs of regulators, payers, providers & patients. Michelle is a member of IQVIA’s Center of Excellence representing the domain of RWE. She has previously held senior positions in real-world research in biotech and medical device companies. She has obtained her BScN from Dr Steevens Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, and BSc P. Grad. in Critical Care ICU.
- Maurice Straetmans, Director Key Account Management, MedTech, IQVIA
- Maurice has over 20 years of experience in the Life Sciences Industry, especially MedTech, in roles ranging from international sales, marketing, and business development to innovation.
At IQVIA Maurice is responsible for all MedTech headquarters, based in Switzerland. Prior to joining IQVIA, he worked with several major industry players including Johnson & Johnson (Ethicon Endo-Surgery), Medtronic (Cardiac Surgery), and Boston Scientific (Cardiology). Maurice obtained a Master in Health Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam at the Health Care Policy & Management faculty.
- Olivier Humbey, Director Business Development, Real World Evidence Biotech, IQVIA
- Dr Olivier Humbey (PhD) is a Business Developer at IQVIA offering international Real World Data solutions to Biotechs at each stage of their product life cycle development (from early clinical to post-marketing).
He works strategically with cross department services to meet Biotechs’ needs, facing multiple requirements from market stakeholders (Regulators, Payers, HCPs, Patients), and secure earliest market access of their products (drugs, APIs, CAGTs, biologics, devices, combined products).
Olivier has over 15 years’ experience in life science product development and has previously worked in different Clinical Research Organization companies selling clinical development full service solutions.
He obtained its PhD in Molecular Biology PhD in 2004 at the University of Besançon (Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, FR), before doing his Postdoctoral research at Fox Chase Cancer Center (Pennsylvania, US) where he studied cell death paths (apoptosis & autophagy) in oncology models, then joined the field of clinical research to continue supporting medico-scientific innovation.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions, and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. IQVIA creates intelligent connections across all aspects of healthcare through its analytics, transformative technology, big data resources and extensive domain expertise. IQVIA Connected Intelligence™ delivers powerful insights with speed and agility — enabling customers to accelerate the clinical development and commercialization of innovative medical treatments that improve healthcare outcomes for patients. With approximately 86,000 employees, IQVIA conducts operations in more than 100 countries.